Cyber Defense Solutions has an opportunity for a Cybersecurity Engineer (Network Engineer or Systems Engineer) to support our Air Force Intelligence Community!
Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! CDS offers very competitive compensation, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, free training and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
Clearance Level: DoD Top Secret clearance w/SCI access eligibility
Citizenship: US Citizenship
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Job Summary: Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure, which also includes the implementation and design of cybersecurity hardware and software.
- Assesses architecture and current system limitations, defines and designs system specifications, and evaluates input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and total system integration.
- Oversees all transition to operations and security compliance activities to include installation, integration, operations and maintenance.
- Works with configuration management team to ensure completion of upgrades.
- Conducts front-end life-cycle activities to design and engineer the system infrastructure and hardware and software configurations for the proposed solution.
- Provide system technical engineering efforts to include the design and integration of system components and the ability to provide government leadership with a determination of risk.
- Analyzes system requirements to determine current capabilities and system functions.
- Provides status briefs to Project Manager and government leadership for specified engineering projects to ensure requirements are properly defined, understood, and met.
- Provides input to the configuration management team to ensure compliance with the process and plan.
- Provides program management input to the engineering cycle, including the following; engineering, integration, quality assurance, training, acceptance testing, staging and production.
- Assesses the "as is" and provide a "to be" state for various projects.
- Manages government expectations and requirements, submits needs to government leadership for translation to actual requirements and adhere to AF and IC standards and those processes as further defined by the Government SME.
- Utilizing the RMF methodology, must regularly provide guidance, advice, or assistance with resolving complex issues or tasks.
- Utilizes functional area expertise gained through direct industry experience to assess the operational and functional baseline of an organization and its organizational components.
- Must have a DoD Top Secret clearance w/SCI access eligibility.
- Must possess an active IASAE Level II certification such as, CISSP, CSSLP, or CASP.
- 4 years working in computer network defense.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Suite (preferably to include Visio and Project).
- Must be able to operate and meet imposed deadlines.
- Must be able to provide cost estimates of protective measures so they may be weighed against requirements for mission accomplishment.
- Must be able to research and help develop solutions for cybersecurity requirements.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision or detailed direction.
- Must be able to execute Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) policy and procedure and create reports for all new additions of system hardware and software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested! Apply Now for immediate Consideration!
***CDS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status***