CDS is seeking a Project Manager with Information System Security Manager experience (ISSM) to secure multiple networks using the DoD RMF framework.
Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! CDS offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
Job Category: Computer Network Defense
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: San Antonio, Texas
Relocation Assistance: Maybe Available, inquire if interested and qualified
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Employee Status: Regular
The Project Manager / ISSM will help shape and enhance the security and Information Assurance (IA) and cybersecurity posture for our client’s networks. This includes assisting with system classification, system authorization processes, and the drafting, tracking and following up on Plans of Actions & Milestones (POA&M's). The Cybersecurity Lead will be responsible for defining and executing the processes for how the client provides the status on all POA&M's and make recommendations to achieve full Authority to Operate for systems and applications
- CDS is seeking an Project Manager (ISSM) to secure multiple networks using the DoD RMF framework.
- The Cybersecurity Lead / ISSM will help shape and enhance the security and Information Assurance (IA) and cybersecurity posture for our client’s networks. This includes assisting with system classification, system authorization processes, and the drafting, tracking and following up on Plans of Actions & Milestones (POA&M's). The Cybersecurity Lead will be responsible for defining and executing the processes for how the client provides the status on all POA&M's and make recommendations to achieve full Authority to Operate for systems and applications.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level. Conducts threat modeling exercises.
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs. Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy. Prepares security reports to regulatory agencies.
- Audits and manages access management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, implements, and maintains information security programs appropriate for multiple networks
- Implements effective security monitoring protocols; appropriately responds to and remediates information security threats
- Manages information security compliance efforts, with an emphasis on regulatory requirements (RMF)
- Conducts information security risk assessments and effectively communicates risk to program manager and client
- Interacts with various departments and individuals across the enterprise to achieve information security objectives
- Assures successful implementation and functionality of security requirements and appropriate IT policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization's mission and goals
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from security threats. Works with IT Support Manager to ensure that best practices are incorporated into policy in support of our quality management efforts
- Provides leadership and concurrence in configuration control, planning and implementation of projects for computer security and enterprise systems administration
- Ensures adherence to IA/cybersecurity policies, procedures and training for all assigned staff
- Serves as the primary point of contact for IA/cybersecurity policy, guidance and RMF requirements and implementation
- Must hold a Top Secret-level security clearance
- Must hold or be able to obtain DoDD 8570.01 IAT Level III certification. Prefer PMP, ITL, CAP, CISSP
- BS or equivalent (a Bachelors Degree) + 10 yrs related experience (IT or IA Fields), or MS + 8 yrs related experience (IT or IA Fields)
- Five (5) or more years of PM experience in computer network operations/defense and IA (ISSO experience preferred) with five (5) years or more preferred
- Experience in secure system design, development and analysis, system integration, planning and design of large-scale IT systems and supporting architectures, system prototyping, system testing and evaluation, and Certification & Accreditation (C&A)
- Experience working with key stakeholders to ensure their understanding of the capabilities that DoD enterprise security tools and systems enable
- Advanced knowledge of information security best practices; regulatory requirements related to privacy and information security, including but not limited to United States Department of Defense (DoD) requirements; Experience responding to and remediating information security incidents; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with program policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Experience with DoDI 8510.01 and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to ensure assigned networks achieve and maintain proper Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) in accordance with Government requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Expertise in planning, designing, and implementing enterprise-level network technologies
- Strong ability to develop technical network specifications (requirements, drawings and diagrams)
- Must be well-versed in architectural best practices and applying them across a breadth of technologies to solve an organizational problem
- Experience in developing Security policies and processes
- A strong background in Windows/Linux
Keywords: Snort, Splunk, ACAS, RMF, Malware,
Keyword industry certifications: EnCE, ACE, CEH, CHFI, CCNA, CISSP, CCE, CFCE, CTT+, Network+, Security+, MCSE, MCP, Server+, SSCP, CAP, ITL
Interested! Apply Now for immediate Consideration!
Main Number: 855-292-3710
***CDS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status***